I found this assignment very interesting as I never knew before to look for when researching the credibility of a Website. One of my hobbies is entering sweepstakes. People think I am crazy when they hear this but I have won hundreds of prizes including $10,000 cash last April and many vacations.
Three of the Websites I visit on a daily basis and are all related to my hobby are: Sweepstakes.com, Onlinesweepstakes.com and Sweepsheet.com. They inform the public on how to become a sweepstaker and the purpose of all these sites are to teach the average person the simple rules of how to begin the hobby. There is detailed copyright information listed on all these sites. Every site is updated regularly except for Sweepstakestoday.com, it had last been updated in 2004. There is individual owners listed for each site.
The next two that I researched were: Facebook.com and Yahoo.com, I am on these two sites several times a day to either send a email or chat with friends..
Facebook definitely has many purposes including sharing information and entertaining the masses! Its a great place to connect with friends and family and play games. Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook but there is several names listed as owners. It has been updated today so its very current unlike some of the others. Their is detailed information on Facebooks copyright laws.
Yahoo.com
Has many purposes, mostly looking up anything you would like to know! You can chat with friends, look up movie times, weather or directions to destinations. They have several owners listed. Their site is updated daily. They are definitely credible and well known as one of the top search engines.
All of the sites I visited were organized pretty similar. They all had breadcrumb trails, site maps and search utilitys. The only site that had obtrusive ad spaces was Facebook, of course I am sure they need ads to generate revenue for their site. One thing I did notice is that none of the sites offer phone#s for contact information, only e-mail addresses. I understand peoples needs for privacy but for the bigger sites such as Facebook, I just recently encountered a problem with my husbands business page we could not fix and there is no one to talk to and the problem wasn't listed in their help page! I think if your serving millions of people a day you need phone personnel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment